USDOT will hold a listening session on October 25 on establishing performance measures related to traffic congestion and national highways performance. The event will be streamed live and participants will have an opportunity to contribute via a live chat room. This is a follow up to an earlier listening session that generated a lot of concerns and suggestions.
Thursday, October 25; 1-3:30 pm (ET); register for the webcast
MAP-21 features a new emphasis on performance measurement. The bill does not generally link performance measures and targets to funding decisions via performance-based funding, but many suspect that’s the direction the feds are headed toward.
USDOT wants to hear from stakeholders on several areas including:
* Measuring vehicle vs. passenger movement
* Measuring actual throughput
* Potential measures that reflect system performance
* Impact of measures on decision making
* Application to multi-modal operations
* Addressing regional differences
USDOT also hopes to learn more in order to better understand how to develop measures on traffic congestion and performance that are
* well defined;
* data driven; and
* consistently implemented.