Bike-ped funding advocacy takes on new importance now that state DOTs now have authority to allocate a portion of federal “bike-ped” funds. A new short, plain-language report is designed to walk bike-ped stakeholders through the elements of developing a funding campaign, using examples from two successful campaigns.
“Developing a Successful Funding Campaign” is a four-page report from Advocacy Advance. This group describes itself as “a dynamic partnership of the Alliance for Biking & Walking and the League of American Bicyclists to boost local and state bicycle and pedestrian advocacy efforts.”
Here are the topics covered:
- CAMPAIGN SELECTION. What are the factors of a successful campaign?
- CAMPAIGN GOALS: What do we want to achieve?
- ASSESS YOUR RESOURCES: What do we have and what do we need?
- POWER MAPPING Who can actually make the decision to implement change?
- FRAMING YOUR MESSAGE: What do our audiences need to hear?
- TACTICS & TIMELINE: How can we get our targets to hear our message?